WHY BOX LACROSSE?
In the last 5 years, Box Lacrosse has exploded into the world of lacrosse as there has been a strong increase in the number of Canadians entering NCAA Lacrosse. College players from Canada and Upstate New York grow up playing Box Lacrosse supplementing their off-season field training – playing in tighter space, with less players and a shot clock fine tunes their sticks-skills, strengthens their ability to make plays with limited space and play fast with limited constraints.
College coaches took notice after the 2006 world championships in which Canada beat the US for the first time in over 30 years. Box Lacrosse specific skills, concepts and strategy are taking over the field game and are becoming more evident and evident at the NCAA level.
At Lax Factory, one of our main goals is to prepare our student-athletes to play at the collegiate level. Developing Box Lacrosse skills and game concepts will better prepare our athletes for the next level.
WHAT IS BOX LACROSSE?
- Played with 5 players on the field/court at a time (not including goalie)
- All players play with a short-stick and play offense and defense
- Goalies wear hockey-like equipment and place their stick between their legs rather up in the air like field
- There is no offsides
- Players substitute on the fly – like hockey
- The goals are 4′ x 4′
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- You are more than welcome to purchase your own equipment but we provide ALL equipment necessary. All you need is your helmet, stick and cup.
- No. In fact, we recommend wearing your field helmet. It is safer.
- Although players are allowed to fight in Canada and in the NLL, we DO NOT allow fighting and any player who does so, will be immediately ejected from the program with NO REFUND.